C.I: Frankenstein (1 Point)

As someone who has only heard the retelling of Frankenstein, it is interesting to read this rendition, which assumedly, is fairly faithful to the original. The artstyle and writing is very accurate to the works created during this time, and there is nothing technically special about this work, which doesn't mean it's not good! The comic also does not hold back on the gore or violence, most likely to be a one to one reenactment of the original in these cases, although that is just an assumption. As I am in the process of adapting Carmilla by Sheridan Le Fanu, I am surprised and intrigued how well 280 pages translated into a comic of a little over 48 pages, and give me hope, as Carmilla has only 108, and I am planning to do it in 32 pages. I am going to use another Classics Illustrated that I have read the original for as a resource for the project. It's really interesting comparing what I supposedly thought was in the original story, actually wasn't. I also really enjoyed that there was less focus on the monster itself, and it was more about Dr. Frankenstein's woes and spiral until his death. I would love to read another version of Frankenstein true to the original published today, and see what differences a contemporary version may make. Although I am not a fan of older comics, I respect and appreciate Classics Illustrated's incentive for creating this series of comics. I would have picked something else from the list if there was actually one that I had the original for in the past, but that was not the case.


(275 Words)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perry Bible Fellowship Almanac (5 Points)

Jack Kirby (3pts)