The Killing Joke (2pts)

 1. The reaction to the text I had was that this felt like a strange and deep tango, of a culmination of things that were built up between Batman and the Joker. I was also astonished to how well the Joker was written, as it can be hard to write motivations for a character, mostly villains, especially if they're too insane to remember their own backstory. 

2. "All it takes is one bad day." Thankfully, I haven't had such a bad day as Batman nor the Joker, but I have had days that have resulted in me changing for a while, often for the worse. Going numb, or abysmally depressed, I'm glad I have never gone insane. When the Joker finds out his wife had died, and he was just sitting there shocked, unable to process, I especially understood what he may have been feeling in that moment. 

3. I think this would work really well as a written novel, with its strong imagrey I think working well with vivid descriptive words and prose. The biggest change I would make is whenever joker is having a flashback, it would be strictly in his point of view, and have a lot of altered text or hints of insanity. 

4. Usually, superhero comics have kind of a strict rule, and they don't stray too far from it. In this comic, they go way past that point in all ways. Joker breaks all the rules put in place for him, in what seems like one last drastic attempt. Usually villains just tie up their victimss over a vat of acid, the hero hero saves them, nothing bad happens. Not this one. He literally permanently paralyzed the victim's daughter, stripped and photographed her, and tortured the victim. If someone who had just read detective comics volume one would immediately jump to this comic, their jaws would drop to the floor. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perry Bible Fellowship Almanac (5 Points)

Jack Kirby (3pts)